Monday, September 28, 2009

The uncles

Right after my test today, I made my way to a meeting. A meeting that is, in my opinion, not a productive one. Sometimes, I really admire my own patience to sit through that. But if I skipped it, I may not get the information that I need in order to draft my Emcee script for this Saturday's event. That, is perhaps working towards my goal, to take every opportunity I can.

After the meeting ended, the committee members adjourned to a coffee session at a nearby coffeeshop. Usually, I would decline and make my way home. But tonight, I decided to accept the invitation and join the uncles. Well, I called them uncles because they are old enough to be. It is not easy to be the only young lady hanging out with them, but this move to step out of my comfort zone seems beneficial. It is an eye-opener, to learn what these successful businessmen talk about in their 'coffee session'. Current issues, social and welfare, investment, politics and of course, about their businesses. I wasn't able to contribute much to those topics, but I was happy to listen and learn. And that itself, is perhaps one way to network and to let more people know about me, and make my presence felt.

This, is a young girl trying to make her way in this complicated business world.

No comments:

Post a Comment