Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Importance of networking

Some people has the fear of  networking events, especially when you know that you do not know 99% of the people there. I am fairly new in my area of work, hence I do not know many people within the industry. But when I was invited to a cocktail party for a work-related event, I immediately knew that I MUST go. I think tonight's event has been fruitful for me. Being there to link the names that I know of to their faces, and getting the hierachy right.

So what do you do when you are mingling in a room full of strangers? I realised that so long I appear relaxed, smile alot, and just helping myself with the food, people would come to talk to me.

Networking is not as frightening as most people think of, it is a effective marketing tool to 'market' yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment