Friday, September 11, 2009

The Alpha Female, 我是个大女人

Someone has pointed out to me that I am the female version of 大男人. The best English term to describe this would probably be 'the alpha female'. Honestly, I have never thought of this. Maybe they are right, such conclusion must have derived from their observation of me.

And come to think of it, I am not that 'family-oriented'. To ask me to conform into a traditional 'wife-fy' material like child bearing and home making is almost impossible. I have the 'prerequisites' of a wife, I know how to cook, wash, clean and teach. But its all trained up because of my upbringing. If I have a choice, I won't mind the SO (significant other) taking care of the household. Just like what men these days expect of their wife -- earn a decent income and taking care of the house plus child bearing, I would place the same set of expectations on the SO. He not only has to work and get a decent income, he has to get home after work and transform into the 'househusband'. Bravo!

But if such men do exist, they must surely be 'out-of-stock' already. Because they're a rare commodity.

No comments:

Post a Comment