Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The progress of my Korean Language learning path

Some of you may know, that I have took up an elementary Korean Language course. How is my progress so far?

So far so good. I have learn to recognise the fundamentals of the Hangul characters; the consonants & the basic vowels and some simple phrases. I still rely on the romanization very much when I read, because the Hangul characters need more time for my brain to process it individually. Attending classes is only a way to build on my foundation, a lot more comes from what I do outside those classes. Naturally, I have once again rely on the Internet for resources to add on to my learning. (I cannot emphasize enough how important Internet is to me)

So if you are reading my blog now, and is also a Korean beginner like me, congrats! I have listed below some of the useful Internet resources I found. And since I found them useful, I hope you will too. (I am not affiliated with any of them, it is purely personal recommendation.)

  1. http://www.koreanclass101.com - I strongly urge you to sign up for the trial, its really good. I downloaded many of their podcasts and accompanying PDF notes onto my itouch and found the lessons both educational and entertaining. If you like it, then you may decide to invest some money to subscribe.
  2. http://www.learnkoreanlanguage.com - it contains alot of useful beginner lessons for free.
  3. http://asiaenglish.visitkorea.or.kr - Official Korean Tourism website. This contains useful lessons for common phrases you might use when you visit Korea. The lessons are done in flash so its not too wordy and yet interactive.
Good things are meant to be shared, spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment