Monday, June 15, 2009

How do you know how much you love the person?

On the train ride home, my classmate just shared with me about her marriage life. How it is falling apart and the tough times she went through. My heart goes out to her.... it is not easy indeed.
Halfway through the conversation, I fell into deep thoughts.

How do you know how much you love the other person? Why some marriages worked out well but some didn't?

During the retreat, F taught me one thing on measuring my goal. So how do I measure love? Love is such an unexplainable feeling.
In the moment of silence with my classmate, I was deep in thoughts, thinking about this.

The only measurement that I could think of, is how much you can sacrifice for the person. The more you love a person, the more you would sacrifice for him/her. Only love has such powers and abilities.

We have watched enough of dramas on tv, they always show that. Dramatic, but real.

In fact, this measurement system also holds true in other instances of love. Parents love their children, so they would also sacrifice alot for their son and daughter. The list goes on.

Now I understand why I wasn't happy in the past relationship. It is not love, because both of us could not sacrifice anything for each other. It was a companionship more than a relationship.

Another valuable lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment