Saturday, February 6, 2010

Toxic friends?

I remember I used to have this book called "How to deal with people you can't stand" but its nowhere to be found now. I think I gave it away. I started a kind act of giving lately, more about that later.

So lately I have been lamenting about energy drainers in my life. I thought alot about this and kept thinking if I am the negative person instead who starts to think negatively about other people and judge them by my own views. I reflected and reflected. And my conclusion is... we are going through different stages of life and that we have different priorities now. I talked to a friend lately and she told me about her own personal experiences. She sees people in 2 general 'categories'. ζ™Ίθ€… aka the wise and ζ„šθ€… aka the fool. She recognises these 2 types of people in her workplace and tries to avoid 'the fool' . They gossip alot, criticise other people and grumble too much. These group of people has no purpose in life, hence they indulge in destructive activities to fill their empty souls. The wise is the opposite of them of course. Sometimes, I do join in such 'gossip sessions' because I succumb to peer pressure and don't want to be left out. I guess I have to stop that and pull myself out of it.

I read an online article lately and could relate very well to it -- 6 types of toxic friends and how you can deal with them.

Time to find new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment