Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Losing interest

I ended 2009 in a busy mode. 2010 hasn't been much better. Despite the CNY festive period, I did not feel 'festive' at all.

The impossible workload in office is piling up. I stepped into office daily at 8.15am and I'm leaving office 12 hours and more later. Projects deadline and exams are coming yet again. What's new? Honestly, my life just repeats all these in a cycle. I'm pretty lifeless now. So much so that these days.... I find myself talking less to the people around me. Or people around me are slowly losing interest in me and do not want to hear me speak anymore. They just kept on talking about themselves. Well, I have always been a good listener. At the same time, I am finding increasingly more difficult to lead a conversation and be able to enjoy myself. I knew the questions to start to prompt people to start talking about themselves, and thats about it. I don't know how to lead the conversation back to me.

Someone once told me, I am tough to crack because I am so good at making other people talk except for myself. That person, who claims to be a mind reader, said so because he couldn't read me.

I guess I have nothing to say, because its true.

No comments:

Post a Comment