Sunday, November 1, 2009

Evaluating others

In a toastmasters' meeting, other than doing our project speeches and learning to speak off the cuff, one other important skill that we learn is evaluating others. Often, people are quick to point out someone elses' mistakes and impulsively shoot down the other person without much thought. I don't think I belong to that category, and I hope not. In toastmasters, we learn how to criticise in a tactical manner, yet giving valuable feedback that the person need in order to improve. That certainly is not an easy thing to do.

I have no qualms about doing my project speeches, but I am not sure about evaluation. The previous scary experience of doing the General Evaluation is still in my head, and I guess much of my nerves is due to that. What am I supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment