Thursday, July 16, 2009

long over-due snippets of the Korea Trip

That's 1 of my favourite Korean street food, called bung-eo ppang, 붕어빵. Its a waffle-like pastry in a fish shape with red bean paste as fillings, crispy on the outside, sweet and soft on the inside. And its real cheap, about $1 for 3 pieces!











My first attempt at skiing, and I suck at it. Next time I'll try snow-boarding instead, it should be easier. The ski resort that I went to is called 'Bears Town Ski Resort' and nope, I didn't see any bears there. So i wonder why its named like that? One thing I learnt from this trip -- if you really want to ski, do it during the December / January months, because the Ski Classes operate on seasonal basis during the peak period. I was there during early winter and the Ski School wasn't even operating yet.






The friendly Korean dudes at the Ski Rental Shop. Because they couldn't understand much English, we kept using sign language to communicate, still... it turned out well. I shall master basic conversational Korean the next time I'm back to this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment