Saturday, April 18, 2009

Why my life is so interesting?

I realise many of my friends are wondering why I am always so busy. And they all seem to think that my life is colourful.

What was my turning point?

Perhaps I need to thank my ex-boyfriend for that.

Years back, I broke up with my ex-bf. And it was the darkest moments of my life. I felt extremely lonely and empty. And I felt life is unfair to me. When I needed my friend's companionship, I realised it was difficult because I have drifted away from them. I spend too much time with my ex-bf that I drifted too far away from other things that mattered to me.

I met new guys and went dating. But none were sincere and were only interested in having flings. And that's when I realised, I should stop focusing on finding a partner. That phase of my life is like an awakening for me. That life is not just about finding that special someone.

So i started to ask myself, what matters to me?
My family, my friends, my career and a happy life.

I joined toastmasters for personal development, because I know the skills i learnt in a toastmasters environment would help me in the future.
I become more active with soka gakkai activities, because I know having a religion would make me a better person, and provide the spiritual help i need in times of difficulties.
I begin to treasure my friends more, because I know friends would be there for me when I need them.
I begin to make more new friends, because I know networking is essential in a dog-eat-dog's world.
I furthered my studies, because I know having paper qualifications would give me the platform to better opportunities in terms of my career.

And i realised, because of the actions I have taken, I am reaping the benefits slowly... but surely. And even though I have yet to find that special someone, I believe that someone will come across my life one day. And even if I would be single for the rest of my life, I should not complain. If I can't find someone right, I rather be single.

I want to stop becoming the typical girl who wants that perfect fairytale love story, because I know its impossible.

And I know having the right attitude towards life is equally important. Just like having the right attitude towards your work, it could only bring you benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment