Sunday, October 17, 2010

Seeing the girlfriend and her married life

The girlfriend who used to party harder than me, always had more fun than me, settled down about 2 years ago after meeting her Mr Right. Her life changed dramatically, just like her dramatic personality. But this change is something that is normal and also noble. I had the chance to feel this change when I stayed over at her place because the husband was away. Seeing her going around with a big tummy and holding hands with her daughter, going out for dinner as if nothing much has changed. This woman is amazing. When I asked her how was married life, her answer was: It has ups and downs.

Life is never perfect, we all know this fact. Its about learning how to ride over the downtime and enjoy the moments of happier times. I am happy to see her enjoying every single moment with her beloved Natalie -- full of hugs and kisses and laughters, and sometimes exasperations, but its all fine. Tiffany is on the way soon, another joyful blessing. I look forward to another night with the girls. Perhaps the more I spend time with the little kids, the desire of finding my own Mr Right and start my own family would come. But right now, I just want to be selfish and enjoy the freedom of being single, and occasionally spending time with the children of my girlfriends.

2 comments:

  1. That's really very nice of you. When your girlfriend is married it is good to keep them happy as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am a keeper as a friend :)

    ReplyDelete